Nationally known in the world of autism advocacy, Leslie has helped change the world for children, teens and adults with autism, her pursuit has been inspired by her own family’s struggles in raising her daughter, Lanier, who is non-verbal and profoundly affected by autism.
For more than a decade,Leslie traveled to Washington DC advocating for children with autism on a national level. In 2004, Leslie recognized the multitude of needs for individuals with autism and their families throughout Northeast Florida. In her quest to address these concerns inspired Leslie to create the HEAL Foundation. Leslie has been recognized for her work on behalf of those with autism:
· 2007-PGA TOUR – selected HEAL as “Adopt-a-Charity” adopting the HEAL Foundation to sponsor a Golf Tournament and Gala at their flagship course Tournament Players Club Sawgrass.
· 2008-The PGA TOUR Wives Association selected Leslie as“Champion” honoring individuals who have made an outstanding contribution through their commitment, dedication and leadership.
· 2013 - Converse College honored Leslie an alumna from the Class of 1983, The Converse 100 Award for her outstanding achievements and character.
· 2016 - Beaches Area Historical Society- Recognized Leslie a Beaches Legend as an extraordinary individual to be recognized at their BeachesLegend Gala as tomorrows history being made today.
· 2019 -Rotary Club of Ponte Vedra selectedLeslie as Local Hero’s Awards, by TheRotary Club of Ponte Vedra Beach for her contributions to those with disabilities in the community.
· 2019 - Ponte Vedra Chamber of Commerce, Chamber selected Leslie and HEAL for the Jeff JenkinsCommunity Service Award, for going above and beyond
· 2019 - Ponte Vedra Recorder namedLeslie One of Us featuring her in a spotlight article for her efforts in helping those with disabilities in her community.
As the numbers of those with autism continue to be on the rise Leslie continues her mission of Helping Enrich Autistic Lives. Leslie resides in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL with her husband, Bobby and has three daughters Haley, Carlisle and Lanier.